KCR are delighted to be representing our client, a market leader in their field based in Northumberland, North of Morpeth. This is a newly created role reporting to the Financial Controller and assisting with a number of activities to assist in the smooth running of our Finance Department.
1. Completing month end close tasks, including accruals, prepayments and journal preparation
2. Preparing monthly and quarterly statutory returns for both UK and European entities, ie VAT, intrastats, payroll taxes, etc.
3. Deliver a number of monthly financial reports and commissions calculations
4. Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
5. Supporting with all year-end close and statutory accounting work
6. Preparing annual tax pack information
7. Developing Standard Operating Procedures
1. AAT qualified or working towards AAT is preferred, with a good technical and financial knowledge.
2. At least 2 years experience in an accounting role is preferred
3. Highly proficient in Excel, as well as other MS office products
4. Knowledge of SAP would be preferred but training will be given
5. The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
6. Able to work well as part of a team, as well as independently
7. Good communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across multiple teams in various locations
We are looking for a motivated individual who is looking to progress within a finance role. You will be a confident communicator, be adaptable to change and be able to work to deadline. You will be working within an established finance team and given support by the FC.