Accounts Assistant and Credit Control – South Shields
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join an innovating company based in South Shields.
The salary is £22,000-27,000 depending on experience.
The main duties and responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant are including but not limited to;
- To have responsibility for the effective running and maintenance of the Sales Ledger, income audit and ensuring all monies due are collected quickly and efficientl
- To maintain an efficient credit control/sales ledger operation, thus facilitating the smooth and efficient collection of debts from customer accounts.
- Reconcile supplier statements to our sales reports and chase up any queries regarding expected income missing from statement.
- To ensure all invoices are prepared promptly, sent out and monitored for payment.
- To consistently review accounts, ensuring credit limits are not exceeded and long-term balances are kept to a minimum.
- To actively chase outstanding debts with the aim of minimising bad debt provision
- To ensure when payments are received, they are recorded and receipted accordingly.
- To participate with revenue control (where this forms part of your responsibilities).
- To arrange and hold monthly credit meetings reviewing debtors list with the Finance Director.
- To carry out banking where this forms part of your responsibilities.
- To provide backup for the smooth running of the purchase ledger.
- To participate in the preparation of accounts correspondence as a clerical function.
- To participate with other aspects of the office accounts as required. This to include ensuring correspondence and filing is maintained in an orderly system.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to company cash and security procedures.
- To represent the business in an exemplary fashion
- To attend training when required.
- To attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues
- To adhere to and promote the Company Mission Statement and Core Values
- To ensure on all occasions, you observe safe working practices to satisfy Health and Safety at Work, Fire Procedures and other Statutory Legislation
- To be fully aware of and comply with the company rules and regulations as identified in the statement of terms and team member handbook.
Experience / Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in a finance role
- Previous experience in the energy sector (preferred)
- Studying towards AAT qualification (preferred)
- Further Education (A-Levels or equivalent in a Business-Related Topic)
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Process orientated
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Good computer skills with a good working knowledge of excel.
- Adaptable to change within the business
- Ability to work as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Willingness to develop in-line with continuing professional development