Accounts Assistant – Gateshead
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are currently working an exclusive basis for the recruitment of an Accounts Assistant. This is a new and exciting opportunity to join an exciting and forward thinking company in a newly created position.
Job Title: Finance Administrator
Salary: £18-21K depending on experience.
Responsible to: Finance Director
Purpose of Job/Key objectives
Support the Finance Manager in recording and retrieving financial details, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and salaries.
Role of the Finance Team
Provide a complete finance service to the whole of the company, addressing all issues of a finance nature and providing all relevant information to meet external demands. These services may include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- Budget setting,
- Reporting and control,
- Income management,
- Financial reporting to external bodies,
- Annual accounts preparation,
- Debt management.
Principal Duties/Tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Support the Finance Manager by inputting into sales and purchase ledgers from source documents including Purchase and Sales invoices, Cheques, Bank Statements and Online Payment sources
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Payment runs – Ensure swift payment of invoices
- Credit Control – Ensure debts are collected efficiently and effectively
- Assist with Payroll
- Resolution of finance related queries
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures
- Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
This company is easily accessible by bus and Metro.