Accounts Assistant – Gateshead
KCR Solutions are current recruiting for an large and successful manufacturing company based in Gateshead. Due to company growth and continued success they are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team on a permanent basis.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting: Directly to Financial Controller
Indirectly and ultimately to Finance & Commercial Director
- Entering sales orders on the system from the sales order log
- Entering and processing purchase orders on the system
- Matching invoices with delivery notes, coding up and posting onto the system (between 600 & 700 invoices per month)
- Identify, distribute and follow up on Invoice queries with the relevant department.
- Reconcile Excel Logged Purchases to Sage nominal monthly
- Requesting and Reconciling suppliers’ statements
- Assist in the collation of Accrual and Prepayment provisions
- Download Customer Bank Receipts daily, and post onto system.
- Monthly Debtors collection, with further monitoring of Overdue/Over Limit accounts.
- Managing the Accounts e-mail Inbox.
- Download Barclays Invoice Discounting Reports weekly and assist in their reconciliation.
- Assisting with month end procedures
- Ad-hoc accounting work as and when required
- Assist with Switchboard/Reception duties.
- Confident, with a positive outlook
- Ability to cope under pressure in a fast-moving work environment
- Initiative/Ability to work without constant supervision
- Capable of communicating confidently and in a professional manner with internal colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Able to commute reliably to Team Valley Trading Estate
- Able to work extended hours on occasions if required
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting packages essential
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel vital)
Literacy & Numeracy:
- Above average levels of literacy and numeracy
- Preferably AAT qualified or nearing qualification
- Salary- £20,000 – £22,000 depending upon experience
- Hours of Work are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday with half an hour for lunch
- Holiday entitlement will be 20 days per year + bank holidays. Rising by 1 day per year of service (max 25 days)
- All employees are automatically enrolled into the company pension scheme after having completed 3 months service and providing they have attained the age of 22 years, in line with the government regulations under auto enrolment. A 4% contribution is paid by the company and the employee is required to contribute 5%. Contributions are based upon basic salary only.