Accounts Assistant – Washington
KCR Solutions are currently recruiting for an accounts assistant to join a growing finance team based in Washington. This company are going from strength to strength and are looking to add an ambitious accounts assistant to their team.
The salary will be £18,000 per annum.
To work within the finance team processing invoices, resolve queries and provide support to the finance and operational teams within the company.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
Your role will include the following key responsibilities.
- Overall responsibility for the invoice processing function of the finance team.
- Input onto database for timesheet information.
- Regular uploads of invoice information into the accounting system.
- To undertake filing of invoices and documentation merging.
- Timely resolution of adhoc queries from internal and external sources.
- Support the preparation of payment runs in accordance with the timetable agreed with the Finance Manager.
- Support in the completion of company bank reconciliations.
- Provide cover for credit control functions as and when necessary.
- Responsible for courier and post for the business.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Experience of working in a financial environment and dealing with a range of financial matters.
- Experience in the use of financial systems and procedures.
- Excellent numeric and IT skills and confident use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge or experience of Sage based financial systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of withholding tax would be beneficial.
- Qualified to AAT level 2-4.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective organisational and workload management skills.
- Contributes to a co-operative / pleasant / hardworking environment.