NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client, a manufacturing company based in Washington is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant reporting to the Chief Accountant. Full details are listed below.
Salary level: £24-27k pending on experience.
- Processing AP invoices – approx. 800 monthly
- Reconciliation of the intercompany accounts on a monthly basis in conjunction with other Group subsidiaries.
- Managing the AP payment process
- Accounts receivables postings and reporting
- Managing general ledger entries
- Managing delivery/payment queries with suppliers
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal preparation
- Accruals and prepayments
- VAT/ESL/Intrastat processes
- Work closely with the purchasing function
To perform their duties the Assistant Accountant has to establish close relationship with;
- The various departments of the local plant in Washington
- The Parent Company (Accounting and Consolidation Departments, Treasury, Controlling)
- The other subsidiaries of the Group
- Company auditors
Requirements for the role:
- SAP R/3 experience is ESSENTIAL
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel
- Ability to work autonomously
- Adaptable and a team player
- French speaker would be useful, but not essential.
- Experience of working with an overseas parent Company.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
Hours : 7.55am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 7.55am – 2.15pm on a Friday.
Hols 25 days +stats