£19,000 – £21,000
KCR Solutions are currently recruiting for a credit controller to work for a client based in Gateshead. This is a permanent full time position and the salary is negotiable, dependant on experience.
Working as an integral part of the finance team and liaising with other functions to support the business in all aspects of the credit control function.
1. Credit checking of new and existing customers and setting applicable credit limits.
2. Adopting a proactive approach to credit control and contacting customers by telephone and email to progress cash collection
3. To resolve any customer queries in a timely manner and where necessary investigate the reason for the queries before raising or making request for credit notes.
4. Follow up and report to management on any overdue amounts and take the necessary steps to protect the business and recover the amounts due.
5. Ensure that the company business system is up to date with accurate customer credit information at all times and where necessary detailed records are maintained of all interactions with customers.
6. Work to keep debtor days within agreed target levels and collect data for KPI reporting.
7. Look to provide a high level of service both externally and internally and develop any systems and procedures as required.
8. Ensuring company records and day to day activities are in full compliance with the quality manual.
9. To contribute in the company’s quality assurance assessment procedures and flag up any issues which could improve the company’s working practices or efficiencies.
10. Where necessary undertake other general administration or finance duties as required.
1. Certificates / diplomas in debt collection or credit management desirable
2. Good GSCE passes in Maths and English (or equivalent)
3. Experience in all aspects of credit control preferably in a manufacturing organisation.
4. Experience in book keeping or accounting.
5. Proficient in use of Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft packages.