Finance and Payroll Assistant
£18,000 – 12 Month Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Are you looking for a new challenge?
KCR Solutions are currently seeking a Finance and Payroll assistant to join our client based in Gosforth.
This role is responsible for the organisation and smooth running of administration and financial procedures and working closely with head of finance and administration.
1. Timesheets and expenses forms are processed in time for payroll input using Sage Line 50 payroll.
2. Ensure employees’ salaries and wages are paid on time and accurate records are kept including; HMRC payment submissions RTI submissions Statutory Payments Pension Auto enrolment.
3. Payroll queries from staff are dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Invoices are rendered to local Authority and Social Services departments for the provision of client support.
5. Accurate up to date financial records are maintained using Xero accounts (Sales and Purchase Ledger, cash book and nominal ledger)
6. Bank reconciliations are carried out
7. Income is banked and creditors paid
8. Petty cash system is accurately maintained and recorded
9. Ensure account information reports are available on request
10. Staff holiday request forms are processed and accurate records are kept
11. Professional interaction with external bodies
12. Maintain filing systems
13. Carry out general administration duties – such as covering reception and other admin staff as and when required.
14. Participate in training when appropriate.
1. Experience of working in an accounts and payroll environment
2. Experience with the use of computerised accounts/payroll package
3. Excellent organisational skills
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
7. Ability to work on your own initiative
8. Good time management skills
9. Knowledge of HMRC, statutory payments and pensions
10. AAT qualification or working towards is desirable
11. Experience of using Zero accounts and Sage Line 50 Payroll is desirable