Finance Officer – Gateshead
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in 2019?
We have an excellent role with a expanding company based in Gateshead. They are looking for a Finance Officer to join their team.
The salary is £21,750 and there is an opportunity to gain study support.
- Process weekly rent debit and update with annual increases.
- Prepare & review monthly Arrears and Voids reports circulate to operations.
- Raise journals for bad debt write offs and realign bad debt provision to targets.
- Collate quarterly rents statements for TCUK Homes.
- Give support to operations team.
- Authorisation of invoices – check codes for nominal and department.
- Run auto payment for supplier payment, submit for approval, extract BACS file and upload to bank.
- Oversee implementation of new purchasing system.
- Manage income schedules for deferred, accrued & miscellaneous income. Process journals.
- Raise sales Invoices – send to customers with statements.
- Credit control – Manage Aged debtors report, contact debtors for payment. Process bad debt provision.
- Update recons for P/L account analysis.(Gross Salaries)
- Fixed assets lead sheets – adjust with changes to fixed assets & process monthly depreciation journals. Balance to financials.
- Oversee fixed asset module implementation.
- Standing journals – update and process monthly. I.e. prepayments, accruals etc.
- Monthly recons of all balance sheet accounts.
- Salary expenses – process journals for time sheets, collate payroll information from payroll
- Purchase Invoices – obtain copies of for submission
- Claim Forms – Update expenditure – send to operations for submission to funders.
- Significant experience of day-to-day financial accounting, particularly the control and reconciliation of Bank transactions
- Sales Ledger function and credit control procedures
- Producing accurate monthly management accounts and working to deadlines
- Reconciling financial information and providing analysis
- Reconciling control accounts and Balance Sheet
- Experience of identifying and calculating prepayments and accruals
- Experience of completing VAT and other statutory returns
- Experience loading bank payments and supplier runs
- Experience working in an environment that is health and safety conscious
- Experience working in an environment that requires confidentiality
Experience of working to set administrative procedures
Notes: Candidates who are shortlisted will be required to complete an internal application form from the company