We are currently recruiting for a new an exciting opportunity for a finance officer to join a growing client based in Gateshead. The role would be reporting to the Finance manager. Flexibility and willingness to support the wider team is a key requirement of the post holder in order to support change and growth.
The salary would be £19500-21500 depending on experience.
Significant experience of day-to-day financial accounting, particularly the control and reconciliation of Bank transactions. Sales Ledger function and credit control procedures. Producing accurate monthly management accounts and working to deadlines. Reconciling financial information and providing analysis. Reconciling control accounts and Balance Sheet. Experience of identifying and calculating prepayments and accruals. Experience of completing VAT and other statutory returns. Experience loading bank payments and supplier runs.
About the job
- Carry out bank reconciliations on a daily basis ensuring all transactions are correctly accounted for, prepare month end bank reconciliations as part of the month end processing.
- Sales Ledger function including raising of invoices in a timely manner and ensuring rigorous credit control procedures are in place.
- Monthly reconciliation procedures and draft monthly management accounts.
- Process monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Assist in the preparation of draft month-end management accounts for nominated projects within the charity.
- Assist with preparation, development and monitoring of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Provide accurate financial reports and information as required, including information to support funding returns and tenders
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate financial policies and procedures and the smooth integration of new projects or companies.
- Assist with the Complete grant funding returns & BBO Returns
- Provide accurate financial reports as required.
- Flexible working
- Pension Scheme