Financial Analyst (6 month contract) – GATESHEAD
We are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Analyst on an initial 6 months contract. The position is to be based Gateshead the salary guide is £35-45k pending on experience.
Our client is a global manufacturing company with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. They operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods.
- Support FP&A Manager to deliver business/function performance, planning/budgeting/forecasting projections and actual reporting.
- Act as a business partner to cost centre managers and report their numbers in a timely manner.
- Provide business and functions with analytical support, timely and relevant financial analysis related to the on-going business/functional results, ad-hoc analysis, help drive long and mid-term business planning in the assigned country/cluster.
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information systems and performs financial analysis of business/function figures.
- Interprets financial data to determine past performance and/or to project the financial probability and/or to provide insights to the Commercial Controllers, the ISC Controllers, G&A functions and to business customers at acceptable cost levels.
- Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending, results and variance analysis.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve and standardise data reports to gain efficiency.
- Eliminate, simplify, standardise and automate outputs in a structured and consistent manner.
- Share best practice among the team and across site or BU.
- Provide support to both the FP&A Manager and the wider Finance team with regards to the FP&A Process.
- Pull together cost centre reports and act as a Finance point of contact to central cost centre managers.
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks in the process.
- Look to continuously improve the forecasting process within BU Marine, Protective and Yacht with the direction of the FP&A Manager.
- Identify gaps in the reporting process and escalate these to FP&A Manager.
- Become system expert in HFM, TM1 and any other reporting tools within the business.
- Support the wider Finance organisation including Accounting, Commercial Control and ISC Control as required.
- Experience as an analyst or as controller in a multinational business environment and/or functional area.
- Qualified or part qualified accountant is preferred.
- You are curious, eager to learn and always searching for improvement opportunities (process wise).
- You have affinity for numbers and systems, and have strong analytical skills combined with a critical, but constructive, attitude.
- Experience in building automated reports and models is a must; excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Strong systems and advanced Microsoft excel experience is a pre requisite.
- Prior TM1 and/or HFM experience is preferred, but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse, organise, summarise and articulate complex financial information for decision making.
- Able to prioritise and work with multiple supervisors.
- Strong ‘can-do’ mentality and ‘drive’ to accomplish tasks in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter, hands on mentality and team player.
- Being able to make independent interpretation, draw conclusions and propose solutions.
- Able to reduce complex and/or large volumes of data to a readable high level.
- Accurate, organised and disciplined in order to achieve high quality output and to meet strict deadlines.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills in English, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to prioritise and work with multiple internal stakeholders.