Management Accountant, Newcastle upon Tyne
£32,000 – £35,000 a year
Our client is looking for a robust Management Accountant to join their successful finance team, based in Newcastle. This position supports the Financial Controller in delivery of a high-quality Finance department. You will manage specific responsibility for the day to day operations helping to provide a solid foundation for understanding the financial performance of the business and ensure that it is completed in an efficient and legislatively,compliant manner. You will support the financial controller in other key areas and deputise in their absence. You will be a strong team player and a self-starter.
The ideal candidate should possess strong communication skills with the ability to operate in a ‘business partnering’ manner.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Prepare/Assist with insightful Management Accounts, KPI’s and other MI in a timely and efficient manner,
- Provide support to finance employees in daily activities,
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Manage Invoice upload process
- Minimise overdue debts and late payment of suppliers,
- Full reconciliation of all balance sheet and control accounts,
- Cash management and cash forecasting,
- Enhance and develop Finance processes and systems to optimise usage,
- System development, and implementation when required, support
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Qualified Accountant; CIMA/ACCA or ACA
- Significantexperience in a Finance role with similar duties and responsibilities
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills and confident dealing with a range of stakeholders
- IT proficient
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Staff management experience
- Knowledge and experience of Finance systems – Exchequer/Sage