Are you an experienced Management Accountant looking for a new challenge and to join a progressive company? We have a client looking to recruit based in the Seaham area, see job details below:-
To produce timely, accurate Monthly and Quarterly Management Accounts for submission to the Finance Manager. Ensure that costs are posted correctly within the Management Accounts and are consistent with previous postings and allocations. Provide detailed Cost Analysis Reports over Purchasing, Direct Costs and Overheads. Manage and supervise finance staff to enable timely submission of Management Accounts and additional required reporting.
1. Produce Monthly/Quarterly Management Account Pack
2. Review and Analyse all postings made to the Accounts
3. Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with the Finance Manager
4. Supervise the Accounts Assistant and Purchase Ledger Person in order to produce the information required for the Management Accounts
5. Perform key balance sheet reconciliation tasks
- Complete the Monthly Management Accounts within 10 days of the Month end
- Complete the Quarterly Management Accounts within 14 days of the Quarter end
- Produce high quality presentable and clear work to standards required from the Finance Manager
- To be able to motivate and to supervise workload for the other members of the finance department in order to produce Management Accounts and other required reporting
The ideal candidate will have experience of preparing management accounts from trial balance. Analysis of cost codes is essential. You will be able to communicate, supervise and manager staff within the department. You must have strong spreadsheet skills with Microsoft Excel is required. As an individual you will be self-motivated, driven and have the ability to manage your own workload to achieve required targets/deadlines. You will also have the ability to develop and improve reports in line with requirements from the Finance Manager but also to identify and improve reports which do not match their own presentation/numerical reporting standards.
AAT Level 4 or equivalent and qualified or part-qualified (CIMA, ACCA)
Requires no less than 5 years actual experience at management accounts level to include cost reports.
Experience using Microsoft NAV or similar ( preferred but not essential )
Strong Microsoft Excel Knowledge