We are looking to recruit an experienced Management Accountant to work for this multi-site manufacturing company based Gateshead. Our client is seeking an ambitious and motivated individual with a common-sense approach to business management and good commercial understanding.
This opportunity is to join a dynamic and fast growing business with excellent prospects for progression for the right person. The role will be based in Gateshead but will involve some travel to the other sites principally in the North West.
The role will report to the FD and will involve liaison with both the finance team and the operational plant management.
– Production of site management accounts. The candidate will be willing to learn and understand plant operation and be able to effectively communicate with the plant managers to interpret management information and understand and explain variances, with a view to advising on improvements
– Balance sheet reconciliations
– Production, calculation of and entry of journal entries including wages, general and accruals/prepayments.
– Assist with budget and forecast preparation
– KPI production and development
– Designing reports to improve company controls
– Weekly pay bonus preparation and checking
– Business improvement – suggest/implement/control
– Analyse financial controls – batch costing, shift summaries, item costing/profitability
– Maintenance of asset register and spend on assets
– VAT returns
– Government statistics
– Major account reconciliations
– Attend stock counts and value stock
– Assisting in capital project appraisals
– Tidy and consolidate current systems
You will be an excellent communicator and have strong technical skills with an attention to detail as well as the ability to be objective and challenge current business processes in a positive way. The right candidates will be CIMA qualified or have another relevant accountancy qualification or be qualified from having relevant experience. Those actively studying and nearing qualification will also be considered.
Experience of Navision, Excel and Sharepoint would be an advantage.
Driving licence is essential.
Our client is offering a competitive salary.
To discuss further please contact Sara Forster on 0191 230 4600 or firstname.lastname@example.org