Management Accountant – Washington
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Are you dreading going back to work in 2019? Would you like a new and exciting challenge?
KCR Solutions are working on behalf of a manufacturing company who are looking for a Management Accountant to join their team.
The role requires a lot of interaction with the senior management team directors of the company. It involves a lot of spreadsheet work which is used to report and control project costs – hence excellent excel skills are required. Strong IT skills. There is definitely scope for the right candidate to progress or become involved in other areas of the company, due to the size of the company.
Our client are currently experiencing a strong growth in sales with a very strong sales forecast for the coming year – which will bring its own challenges ensuring projects are managed effectively from the beginning.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and Employee requirements, policies and procedures.
- Produce daily & weekly cashflows.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Produce monthly management accounts – including variance to budget.
- Produce monthly reporting pack
- Prepare information for monthly Board Meeting for Financial Controller and Directors.
- Ensure weekly financial & project information is accurately produced on weekly basis, including weekly hours reports, departmental reports, level 3 cost sheet information.
- Prepare weekly information for financial meeting, attend meeting and present information.
- Attend weekly commercial reviews and issue summary report information.
- Authorise purchase orders on SAGE 200 – check spend within budget.
- Ensure all monthly routines in SAGE are run in timely manner.
- Ensure manual stock procedures are being followed correctly until transferred to SAGE.
- Monthly visits to Multi to ensure procedures are being followed correctly.
- Check the fixed asset register is kept up to date – ensuring that any new purchases are added and posted correctly to Sage. Post depreciation journals each month from the information on the fixed asset register.
- Assist with implementation of new computer system.
- Assist with preparation of year-end statutory accounts.
- Assist with preparation of budgets.
- Provide cover for the Finance Team including inputting timesheets onto Sage 200, answering reception telephone calls, open incoming mail, assist visitors, book travel arrangement & meeting rooms.
- Assisting Financial Controller & Senior Management Accountant with ad hoc duties
Holidays – 25 days plus bank holidays
Hours – 8.00-4.30 Monday – Thursday / 8.00-4.30 Friday
Experience of SAGE 200
Preparation of Monthly management accounts & other reporting
Excellent telephone manner
Essential Experience of integrated computer systems
Assistanting with preparation of Monthly management accounts