Our client, a successful and progressive manufacturing company based near Sunderland are looking to recruit an experienced Accountant.
The job title for this positon will be Manufacturing Accountant. You will report to the Finance Director and take responsibility for a broad range of responsibilities.
You must be a strong communicator, have an outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills. You will also have an analytical approach, be reliable and be able to work to deadlines.
This opportunity will allow you to work throughout various parts of the business in what will be quite a commercial role. You will liaise with departmental heads and have a genuine interest in the product and manufacturing process. You will contribute substantively to supporting continuous improvement in manufacturing.
- Product profitability analysis
- Working with manufacturing teams to analyse factory efficiencies
- Support of continuous improvement initiative
- Working with the sales and commercial teams in customer profitability analysis
- Developing, monitoring and challenging KPI’s to drive performance
- Assisting in the implementation of new standard costing module
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Variance analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Contributing to the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Group reporting tasks
- Cashflow forecasting
- Stock inventory control
- Maintaining and reporting of accurate financial data to tight deadlines
- Ad-hoc projects work as required
Skills and Experience
You will ideally be fully Qualified Accountant, preferably CIMA. Those actively studying and close to qualification will also be considered.
It is vital that you have experience working within the manufacturing sector Experience of ERP systems would be advantageous.