Payroll Administrator – Part Time
Payroll Administrator – Part Time 18-24 hours
An exciting opportunity has risen for a part time Payroll Assistant to join a successful charity based in Gateshead. The role would be working in the finance team and reporting to the Payroll Officer.
The ideal candidate would be looking for between 18- 24 hours. The salary would be £20,000 pro rata according to the number of ours worked.
Reporting to the Payroll Officer, the main duties include the following:
- Input data accurately and timely ensuring deadlines are met
- Collate information required for payroll input
- Comply with statutory deadlines and company payroll procedures
- Respond to queries and requests for information
- Calculate additional payments and or deductions
- Deal with errors and amendments
- Undertake all duties having regard to the urgency necessary to meet appropriate deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
Comply with all legal and health and safety requirements.
To work to the performance standards provided and requested by the company
To carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required by the role
- Experience of payroll systems – ie manual calculations, statutory calculations etc
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work as a team
- Good excel and Word skills