Payroll and Purchase Ledger – Gateshead
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are currently working on behalf of a successful manufacturing company who are looking for an Accounts and Purchase ledger to fill a newly created role within their finance team.
The successful applicant will be proficient with Sage payroll and Sage 50 accounts package. Has initiative, is highly numerate and has a high degree of attention to detail. They will be joining a successful and fast growing business.
Along with payroll you will assist the department by providing support for a range of different finance and administrative tasks, specifically purchase ledger. You will be working closely with the Finance manager and other team members to ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard.
Salary – £20,000-23,000
As a Payroll/Purchase Ledger Administrator your duties will include:
- Monthly Payroll processing – circa 200 employees
- Assisting with all payroll related queries
- Maintenance of new starters and leavers
- Calculations including NI, Holiday, Maternity, Manual Salary etc
- Preparation of Salary journals
- Processing of HMRC PAYE documentation
- Maintenance of the payroll system
- Processing of all pension payments
- Maintenance of the Clocking in System
- Creating internal POs
- Matching purchase invoices with delivery notes and POs
- Making purchase ledger payments and sending remittances
- Any other administrative tasks as required
- Experience in a payroll/finance background is essential (AAT Qualified)
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail is essential
- Good knowledge of Sage payroll software/Sage 50 Accounts
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be organised, thorough and diligent