KCR Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Coordinator for our fantastic client in Newcastle upon Tyne. This renowned engineering supplier is looking for someone to manage all aspects of the payroll process. The successful candidate will earn £25,000 – £27,000pa.
- Complying with Company Policies and Procedures and upholding the client’s values at all times
- Accurately processing hourly paid staff payroll from start to finish on a weekly basis ensuring any holiday pay, sickness pay and any other additions or deduction are processed correctly.
- Accurately processing monthly salaried staff payroll from start to finish including any holiday pay, sickness pay and any other additions or deductions are processed correctly.
- Recording and calculating statutory payments and deductions in accordance and within current legislation.
- Managing and administrating Attachment of Earnings ensuring that deductions are calculating within accordance of the order and that the appropriate records are kept.
- Working closely with HR to resolve payroll related queries. Ensuring any questions raised regarding pay by depot managers and other employees are dealt with in a timely and professional manner. Providing professional support and guidance where needed.
- Payroll reporting to meet internal and statutory obligations including budgeting and any ad hoc requests.
- Completing month end procedures and reconciliation, ensuring all payments are paid correctly and on time to third party bodies.
- Calculation and processing of statutory declarations, ensuring all relevant returns and payments are completed in accordance with HMRC current legislation (PAYE; NI; P60; P35; P11D etc).
- Sending BACS payments as required and maintaining BACS system with bank change updates.
- Administration of Group Company Pension scheme, ensuring that all Pension contributions are recorded and submitted to the pension scheme providers in accordance with the scheme rules. All employees joining the scheme are recorded and similarly any leavers.
- Acting as the main contact for the Auto Enrol pension scheme and ensuring rules are adhered to in accordance to
- Pension Regulator.
- Responsibility for Real Time Information and Employer Payment Summary submissions.
- Ensuring all journals are created and uploaded into account system for month end.
- Ensuring that the Payroll system is duly updated with any new software before processing the next payroll in the new
- Completing all statutory year-end returns within the required time frames, ensuring that the Payroll system is duly updated with any new software before processing the next payroll in the new tax year.
- Administration of Company Christmas Club scheme, ensuring that all employees joining the scheme are recorded within the payroll system and anyone leaving employment during the year are repaid the amounts saved. All deductions must be transferred into the schemes bank account after every payroll is generated.
- Ensure that changes to employee details are amended within the Payroll system such as changes to tax code etc.
- Administration and implementation of Company Benefit schemes ensuring that appropriate records are kept.
- Checking Employee Expense Claims to ensure completion is in accordance with any Company procedures and that all Benefits in Kind and VAT are recorded correctly.
- Must have a can-do attitude and willing to get involved in all aspects of the business as and when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the business, both financial and non-financial
- Able to prepare financial information in a way that is easily understood by non-financial colleagues
- Able to plan/prioritise and deliver against tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement based on knowledge and understanding
- Ability to develop systems and tools to facilitate timely and accurate financial and KPI reporting
Please note if you have not heard back from us within 5 days of forwarding your CV then unfortunately on this occasion your application will have been unsuccessful.