Payroll Officer – £20,000-22,000
We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer to join a busy practice. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a well established company. The role will be based initially in their office on the outskirts of Gosforth for a 3 month training period, the role will then be permanent based in Gateshead.
- Input/importing of payroll data, setting up new starters, calculating payments, running reports, printing/uploading payslips and submitting RTI data to HMRC.
- Processing payments to client employees via BACS.
- Proactive in keeping up to date with latest payroll legislation through CIPP membership, courses and general research. In particular, with the introduction of Auto-Enrolment.
- Speaking with customers on the phone and/or face to face and with the ability to field calls and deal with any possible issues.
- Liaise with internal departments, external offices, Partners/Directors, Managers and Payroll Supervisor.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work alone and in a team.
- Be bright and enthusiastic.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Be proactive and flexible approach.
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Have a willingness and desire to learn new skills quickly
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least one year Payroll experience.
- Experience of the STAR Payroll software desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically word and excel.
- Knowledge and experience of Auto Enrolment.
- Understanding of all Statutory Payments including Shared Parental pay and leave.
- A good understanding of IT.
- Ideally from a payroll bureau environment.