Purchase Ledger Clerk
KCR Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger for an excellent client in Newcastle.
Salary – £18,000 to £19000
- To accurately process supplier invoices within agreed timescales.
- To prepare weekly BACS payment runs for payment to suppliers.
- To prepare urgent BACS payment requests for payment to suppliers.
- To prepare urgent CHAPS payment requests for payment to suppliers.
- To prepare foreign payment requests for payment to International suppliers.
- To accurately maintain Excel spreadsheets for various tracking and query processes.
- To carry out monthly supplier statement reconciliations and follow up on resulting queries.
- To identify and clear debit balances and resolve Direct Debit payment queries within agreed timescales.
- To identify and clear aged credit balances.
- To ensure up to date and accurate vendor records exist.
- To carry out various other administration tasks. (Post opening, filing etc)
- To review/reconcile employee expense claims and prepare documentation for Payroll System.
- To carry out ad hoc duties and projects as required.
- To participate in process improvement projects
- To ensure best practice and offer ideas for continuous improvement
- To liaise with Head office finance team and provide accurate information and assistance
- Experience of working in a Purchase Ledger department.
- Experience of using an accounting package.
- Excellent communication Skills.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Flexible approach and able to work out of normal office hours if required.
- Team player.
- Handles problems politely and efficiently.
- Follows procedures to solve centre and supplier queries.
- Understands company and department processes.
- Maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Manages a fair workload.
- Volunteers for additional work.
- Prioritizes tasks.
- Develops good work procedures.
- Flexible approach and open to continuous training and new and improved ways of working.
- Good time management.