Senior Business Partner (Treasury)
Senior Business Partner (Treasury)
Maternity Cover – April 2018 to Jan 2019
Location : Newcastle
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000
You will be accountable for the effective delivery, development and management of the highest possible standard of Treasury services, providing support and financial advice for the business. This will include internal and external reporting, compliance (funder and HCA), heavily involved in business planning, re-forecasting, cashflow reporting and remodelling.
You will provide leadership and management for the Treasury Team to ensure innovative, customer focused, cost effective services are designed, delivered, monitored and continually improved.
- Assist the Assistant Director – Treasury with business planning and treasury functions for the Group.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of comprehensive systems to maintaining covenant compliance in relation to all the Group’s loan agreements.
- Responsible for preparing cash flow forecasts for the Group and monitoring actual performance against forecast to maintain agreed drawdown profiles, as well as ensuring effective cash management across the Group.
- Act as key business partner to Growth and Business Development Directorate and provide comprehensive financial advice regarding the impact of investment decisions in relation to new projects and also existing asset management and development programmes.
- Assist in the compilation, update and review of the Group’s annual business plan in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Maintain and scenario test the Group’s business plan and prepare and present reports to the in respect of those scenarios.
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting on performance against the annual business plan.
- Optimise borrowing and investments across the Group or at operational Company level as appropriate.
- Responsible for overseeing loan drawdowns and investment of surplus funds as and when required.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of an investment and loan portfolio register and to prepare and present treasury reports as required.
- To calculate, monitor and report on funders covenants as appropriate and prepare projected estimates of funders’ covenants and take action to mitigate any projected breaches, as required.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of statutory and regulatory returns as required and in line with agreed deadlines.
- Oversee the monthly management accounts and annual budgets
- Assist in maintaining the Group’s investment appraisal framework and assumptions ensuring the periodic review by Board.
- Ensure that risks within the directorate’s activities are identified, removed or minimised.
- Responsible with the Management team for the effective supervision and utilisation of Group assets.
Experience / Qualifications / Skills
1. A strong record of demonstrable achievement, at management level in the delivery of finance or treasury services (E)
2. Experience of managing significant technical and organisation change (E)
3. Experience of working in partnership with stakeholders to deliver excellence (E)
4. Experience of research, analysis and report writing to present proposals and business cases (E)
5. Recognised professional qualification in the Field of accounting and financial services or treasury (D)
6. Full, Valid Driving Licence (E)
7. Knowledge of current and future challenges facing finance (E)
8. Comprehensive working knowledge of accounting and financial services (E)
9. Understanding of finance governance practices and issues (E)
10. Ability to manage departmental budgets within tight controls (E)
11. Ability to think strategically and gather data to support decisions (E)
12. Ability to interpret and analyse financial information and complex data (E)
13. Ability to identify and manage risks and make sound judgements, whist not being risk averse (E)
14. Ability to lead and manage a team of staff (E)